0

Getting Real With Fake User Data

I’ve spent a decent chunk of time setting up my VM test lab, as I’m sure many others have. In my lab I have AD, Exchange 2010, Lync 2010 & 2013, TMG, an Asterisk based PBX, and a couple client VMs running Windows 7 with Office and the Lync client installed. It’s a great learning exercise to get everything setup and be able to play around with the configuration options. I’ve actually lost count at how many times I’ve wiped and rebuilt my lab to test different scenarios. I like to simplify the setup as much as possible to reduce the time needed for setup.

One necessity I’ve run into with my lab is test user accounts. Originally like a lot of other people out there I started with just a few accounts with names like TestUser1 or Exch2010UserB. Don’t get me wrong, it works just fine for testing; but I wanted more. So what started with me generating a list of 50 random names, to name my test user accounts, eventually grew into what I’m posting today. Read further to learn about New-AdTestUsers.

Continue reading